Tollesbury Cemetery is located at the entrance of the village on West Street, Tollesbury, Essex, CM9 8RJ.
The Parish Council is the burial authority for Tollesbury Cemetery and authorises burials, ashes interments and the installation of headstones.
The Parish Council are responsible for the maintenance of the cemetery grounds which includes hedge and grass cutting. It is intended that the cemetery is a peaceful place for quiet reflection and we strive to maintain it to a high standard. In return we ask visitors to observe the rules of the cemetery.
The land was purchased in West Street for the Cemetery in 1926. It was on 12th January, 1927 that the first ceremony was by the Lord Bishop of Colchester to officially open and consecrate the Burial Ground. It was not until 1928 that the first 3 grave spaces were purchased. At the Annual Assembly of 1964 it was agreed the laying out of the Garden of Remembrance. In February, 1926 the Garden of Remembrance was set out.
Burial Fees, Rules and Regulations and Application Forms:
Please click on the following links to access these documents;